Monday, December 04, 2006

Happy Birthday.......

to me (and Laura).

I thought I'd share my funny birthday story. Today I had to go to the Navy Federal here on base to get Traveler's Checks that I took out to the Bank of Yokohama to convert to Yen. So the teller at Navy Federal hands over the checks for me to sign and date. I signed my name and dated them. When she looked at them she got this screwy look on her face and said...."you dated them December 4, 1967" When I started laughing she continued to look at me screwy thinking I'd totally lost my mind. When I explained that it was my birthday and 1967 just naturally follows 12/4 she finally got it. I'm just glad she caught it before I headed to the Japanese bank. I'm afraid they wouldn't have found it funny at all.

Tonight I had a "birthday party" at the bowling alley with Andrew, my friend Jackie and her 3 kids. The kids had a ball which made my day happy. Tomorrow I'll pack for my trip to get Ethan on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Patty!

Sounds like the big birthday present gets to you on Wednesday, though!

I'll be knitting for the little guy after the holidays -- I'm a little swamped right now and I would usually get at least 6 months to knit for a friend's baby!!!

Best Wishes for your birthday and your growing family!!

Anonymous said...

That's funny... :-) No wonder you were distracted, that's how every mom is just before the baby comes! I LOVE how your head is sending you through the whole merry-go-round of pre-baby wonderland; (although I'm guessing you don't love how it's been compressed into just a few weeks - ha ha!) Well, in just a few hours, you'll be the hip, sling-wearing Mama, navigating through urban Japan with one on your front and one at your hand. I'm so excited for the details! I wish so much I could hold him, too.... :-)