Sunday, November 26, 2006

Biking and the Beach

We have had a really beautiful fall here in Japan. We spent today riding our bikes to the beach. From our house to Zushi beach is about 6 miles round trip. It is a really nice ride. We walked the beach and collected blue and white pottery pieces. Why pick up shells when you can pick up pottery? I don't know why exactly the Japanese throw dishes in to the sea but the result is beautiful sea glass. Tanya do you know?



This is the big hill just as you return to our house. Jeff is actually pulling Andrew up by holding his handle bars. Why am I so far behind you ask? The photo is taken from about the halfway mark of the hill....that's where I get off and push my bike up the remainder of the way. I WILL CONQUER THIS THING BEFORE WE LEAVE!!! :)




And these two photos I added just so you know that we do get a bit of "home" here in Japan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Patty. Wow, these photos bring back so many memories. Almost makes me a little home sick. Last week I repainted my bedroom and finally created a dark wall (chocolate) to hang my wedding kimono on. It is such a beautiful thing with it's double crane design. And when the morning sun hits it is it incredible. I miss picking up pottery too. Thought and talked about you guys at Thanksgiving...how many turkey meals we shared...Andrew looks so big! Were you not allowed to stay at the hospital with Ethan? Have you seen him? I think I might have missed the details... Praying all is well and he is home soon.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I LOVE it that Stacey is homesick for Japan. :-) Admittedly, I felt a pang when I read about the picking up pottery pieces on the beach. That is one of the coolest, coolest things to do there. How lucky we all are to get these chances! Especially you Guerreros.... :-)

Patty, that is a FINE bicycle - brilliant tourquoise. The basket in front is the best! Jeff needs one of those, too. I can just see him pedaling down the road...and he'd be so memorable at the Front Gate. :-)

Anonymous said...

I laughed right out loud over the comment of "conquering the hill." Being the stellar athlete that you know I am (NOT!!!!!), it gave me a big chuckle! I am pulling for you....go go go!