Sunday, November 30, 2008

MEN



We celebrated Thanksgiving on Saturday (Thursday was a normal Japanese school day). I invited Andrew's piano sensai and my nihongo sensai and their families. We had a wonderful time. Jeff's job was to take pictures of the festivities. My job was to cook. These are the TWO pictures you get. At least it's evident from the one photo that I held up to my end of the bargain. The good thing about inviting the Japanese to things is that you will get doubles of every photo that they take a week or so after the event. We really did have a good time; even though I do not have the photos to prove it.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Ha Ha Ha!! :-)

This is a recurring theme, Patty....you said last year about that Change of Command "..never send a man to do a woman's job"

But, you're right about the Japanese guests giving you A LOT more photos -- I'm sure Jeff feels that is his amnesty for only two photos to his credit.

Now, if you had asked him to take photos at a BIKE event.....hmmmm...I wonder if there would've been more?

Hey! I noticed (since I'm a stalker) that you have a book on your shelf called "The Self-Sufficient Life" -- that sounds pretty interesting. Is it like the Animal, Vegetable, Mineral book?

Either way, it looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving, and so perfect that you invited your Japanese friends. They are part of all that you have to be thankful for, after all.

I love that boy in the white, too :-) -- he is still so snuggly- looking. Just makes you want another one, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

So happy to see that you had a wonderful feast for Turkey Day! (Even if Jeff's photos were limited in number - ha!). It's lovely that you included your Japanese friends. We were TWELVE at Debbie's with lots of friends all around the table. I made LOTS of pies, of course! It was a great day. We miss you all!