Thursday, October 12, 2006

Got Sushi?

Here are pictures from our favorite "Sushi Go-round". The menu is computerized and if you don't see what you want coming around you can order off the computer screen. When your item is ready it comes on top of a "beeping" red plate. Of course it knows to beep in front of the computer it was ordered from. The fun thing is that when you are finished with your plate you feed it into a slot that counts your plates. Every 5th plate there is an arcade like game that plays and if you win you get a prize. We have yet to win a prize but Andrew loves it. And once he has lost he wants us to eat 5 more plates so he can try again. The good news...all plates are 100 yen.


Can you see the computer screen with your sushi selections?


And this is Andrew with his full sushi belly (and soy sauce stain) outside the Sushi Restaurant. Tanya this is the restaurant I found when I looked for your favorite "race track" restaurant. I was told this one has only been around for about 5 months but it's exactly where you told me to go. HMMMMM????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is AMAZING! I want to eat there, too...and how FUN that there is a game to play as well. I can totally see how Andrew would love to play, even without winning a prize!!! Kids Paradise, in so many ways.... Patty, that took me back - light-speed - to how much fun Japan was for me with little boys! :-)

Anonymous said...

Patty! I want to see the Japanese foliage....October in Japan. Even if you have to walk outside into your backyard. Wait a minute...that's a great idea. THAT'S what I want!!! A photo from your back porch...or from your front door....or from the top of the AGONIZING HILL. :-)

OR the Youchen bus...or the train station....or the corner 7-Eleven/Mini-Mart outside the gate. You know? The one with the green phone....

Ha ha ha ha ha! t.

Anonymous said...

Hurray! I figured out why the comments section didn't want to give me the verification image!!! Now I can comment on the fun and strange things you show us.

That restaurant is REALLY NEAT!

... though I apparently look for the familiar in the pics -- the shot of the young mister (at the railing with water behind) made me think, 'oh they're on a ferry', because the image was so like standing on the sun deck of one of the ferries here (when it is sunny!)

Take care!