Tuesday, October 03, 2006

NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH

that's what I bought at the bazaar! Very uneventful. It had all the same things as last time. Tanya, I'm curious did you feel disappointed at the bazaar your second tour? And yes...It is the ugliest furniture on earth. Amazing they sell any of it. There were some beautiful antique pieces but who can afford them. And even if one could afford them how could you ever trust the military to move it?

Andrew's school is having it's 59th annual "sport's day" on Saturday and I will spend the week baking for the "mother's association's" bake sale. By volunteering two different types of cookies/brownies I've earned one of the "very limited" parking passes. WOO HOO!!! BAKING....that's my kind of volunteering. I have also agreed to man the "bakery booth" for an hour. I've selfishly done this to practice my Japanese.

Free parking and a free Japanese conversation lesson? WHO'S HELPING WHO????

Stacey...I hope you make it to the Art show and that Tanya can break in to A's very busy exercise schedule to meet you....What fun!!!

With the start of the MLB postseason I just have to end this with

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Parking Pass? Your baked goods are worth GOLD for that in Japan. I love, love, LOVE the notion of you manning the booth for an hour. They totally did that on purpose, Patty. You are going to draw Japanese yen like a magnet. And they are going to FLIP for your American baked goodies. Here's my prediction: at least three women will ask you to either teach them English, teach them how to bake the brownies, or BOTH. It's going to be great! Can't wait to hear about it....what a perfect contrast to the bazaar. I love it so much that you guys are doing this for Andrew; what an amazing WINDOW into the normally hidden part of Japan. :-)

Stacey - are you the anonymous person who wants to hug me at the Art Fair? ha ha ha!