Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sports Day

This past Sunday was the 59th annual Seika Kindergarten "Sports Day". We had beautiful weather for the event. Andrew really enjoyed it. The pictures are not the best but I think you get the idea.


Andrew came in third in this race.


How cute is he?


This was his musical number. Can you tell which one he is? No? This was my problem all day. All dressed alike they look like little soldiers. Tanya put it best...very similar to looking for your husband on the rails when the ship comes in...they all look alike.

My brownies were a hit and were the first to sell out. I showed up to do my hour at the booth and they had too many volunteers. At first I was a little disappointed that I would not get a chance to practice my Japanese but that quickly turned to relief when I realized that the "booth" was 12 inches off the ground and had they needed my help I would have had to "assume the position" (that famous Japanese squat). After an hour I would have needed a crane to get me up :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! :-) I LOVE both the notion of Andrew disappearing into a sea of uniformed Kindergartners AND the wonderful, international moment of seeing the "booth" - ha ha ha ha! And the squatting...I have forgotten so much. No suprise to me AT ALL that the brownies were the first to go. I am so happy for you three...this is just the perfect beginning to a wonderful experience.

When are you going to Asakusa Bashi?