Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Who Knew...



this was Tahini?

After much discussion in the court in front of my house about the things I wish I could buy in Japan, my Japanese neighbor goes inside and returns with this jar. This is Japanese Sesame paste. I am so excited about this "FIND" that I can not even put it in to words. This is the good news...bad news...this same neighbor left for the states this morning (husband is attending a school) and won't be back until 29 December...I was just getting ready to really "tap" in to this source and now she's gone....agh!!! I hope she has no plans for January! :)

I will upload "Sports Day" pictures later this afternoon when Andrew is in school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, I NEVER... :-)...I never knew you could get Tahini! And I was proud of my grocery knowledge in Yokosuka. Being a foodie, and all. Patty, that is absolutely wonderful, and you are RIGHT that you have the best resource living right there. Hooray! (Maybe, maybe....we can run my gaijin-description of the grapefruit bathtub cleaner through her in January, and I bet she'll know what it is! Yeah!!) Now, speaking of resources, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the photos of Sports Day!!!!!